Tired of seeing yet another article about social media trends? Great, we have just the thing – another article about social media trends! Before you venture away and find a seemingly interesting article or a clickbait trap that doesn’t deliver on its promises, check out these nine (newish) social media trends. According to Hootsuite's Social Trends 2022 report and data from a poll of over 18,000 marketers, there are nine social media trends to watch for in the coming year.
– TikTok is expected to overtake Facebook as the most significant social network for marketing. Its search demand has increased by 173% in the past year, and it is now the fourth most popular social media network.
– E-commerce on social media is becoming more prevalent, and it is predicted to be an $80 billion market by 2025. Social commerce has become a new frontier for retail marketing, from motivating purchases to providing an online storefront.
– Companies are creating a social audio strategy, focusing on sites with audio-only capabilities. Facebook has launched several audio products, including Rooms, podcasts, and Soundbites, to assist audio makers and give them more tools for their work.
– Short-form videos are becoming more valuable. With the emergence of TikTok and Instagram's video format, Stories, short-form video has become a huge social media trend.
– Brands are increasing their investments in social commerce, and sustainability is included in the purchasing choice. Climate change and sustainability are increasingly major factors in purchasing choices, influencing social commerce.
– Livestream shopping is a trend gaining traction, and it is predicted to grow even more with a predicted $35 billion income in the United States by 2024.
– New features enable online events. The epidemic has driven many companies to shift from in-person events to online services, and social media platforms are playing a significant role in promoting and amplifying digital events.
– Companies are increasingly investing in social commerce, and ASOS has even developed a separate Instagram profile to sell things via social commerce while simultaneously encouraging small brands and companies.
In summary, social media is evolving to provide new opportunities for marketers. From TikTok advertising to social audio strategies, e-commerce on social media to Livestream shopping, social media platforms are becoming the new frontier for retail marketing. The rise of social commerce and sustainability as factors in purchasing choices and the increasing use of online events and new features enable companies to reach more customers than ever before.